The first player of this game starts with the topic "five weird habits I have" and people who get tagged then write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don't forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says you have been tagged? (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.
1. I am a freak about time. If you tell me that I have to be somewhere at noon and I know it is going to take me 40 minutes to get there I will still leave at 11 no matter what. I have wasted more gas driving around blocks and ran more batteries down while reading books and waiting for people than I can imagine. Perhaps it is the addage, "15 minutes early is on time, on time is late, and late is unheard of." Augh. It plagues my life out.
2. I don't relax. I don't mean that I just don't have time to relax; I mean that I don't do it. If I am sitting down to watch T.V. I feel as if I should be cleaning the house or unloading the dishwasher or folding clothes. This is a fustration to BJ. I am always hopping up to do something or other during commercials or while we are chatting. This problem has even settled itself into my body. I go to the message therapist and she tells me to relax, and I think I do, but she says, "No, really, relax" and I have to say that I can't. My muscles just refuse. Sad, huh?
3. I have a blowdrying ritual. I settle down in front of the t.v. (usually set on a TiVoed Judging Amy, since that is my latest obsession) with a little mirror, a big, round brush, a comb, two big barretts, and a handful of hair elastics. I will spare you the description, but suffice it to say that the process takes about 45 minutes. 45 minutes of the T.V. blasting and the blowdryer in my ear, me saying "WHAT??? I CAN'T HEAR YOU. I'M BLOWDRYING MY HAIR" while I look something like a cross between a muppet and Cousin It. Hey, we all know, "There is no such thing as natural beauty." Right?
4. I have a thing about age. I feel that anyone who is older than me deserves something just by virtue of their age. (is it respect? acknowledgement? I don't know...) Even if I am in a situation where I am more experienced but someone is older than I am, I feel inferior. I also feel that people don't take me seriously because I look young or blonde or nice or "cute" or something. For example, while stage managing, I tell the actors to do something and they just stand there as if I am invisible. Or I get the "aren't you so cute" look. It pisses me off. For some reason I am sure this has to do with my age-ist attitude. I think I am age-ist against myself for being young. Scot, you know what I'm saying.
5. Ok, so I have left the most embarrassing thing for last. Laugh if you want, but here it is... I pull out my own eyelashes. "Why would one do this?" you may ask. I don't know. I really don't. I think someone at sometime told me that you could make wishes on eyelashes and so I started pulling them out and then when I got old enough to wear make up I would try to pull the mascara off and the lash would come out or I would think that if my eye itched and I pulled on the lashes to relieve the itch then I wouldn't smear my eyemake up . I don't know. I just know it is a problem. My eyelashes are actually still pretty full, but one day I will wake up and be lashless. Then how will I feel? Pretty dumb, right? Well I feel pretty dumb now, too. I think it is just something like Ang's mouth cancer. Why can't we just stop?
Ok, so I don't have anyone really to pass the game to, but I will try to give it to BJ on MySpace and maybe a few others I might find.
Love to all.